Quoted from various health sites, Syringomyelia is a disease that attacks the spine, where a fluid-filled cyst (syrinx) appears in the spinal cord. If not treated properly, the cyst may dilate and damage the spine. This can trigger tremendous pain, coupled with a weakened and stiff body. Some information says that it can be cured with Cannabis oil.
The fluid that becomes the cyst is formed from a protective fluid in the brain and spinal cord called the cerebrospinal fluid. The longer, the cyst may be enlarged or elongated, so it will suppress the neural network in the spinal cord. This is what causes the pain that plagues the sufferer.
When the fluid has begun to suppress the nerves, the patient will not only feel pain. Often, numbness, pain, until paralysis can strike. There are also effects such as disruption of temperature sensitivity, especially in the hands.
In the treatment effort, every treatment and healing are done to lower the pressure on the spinal cord due to cysts. The type of therapy also depends on the diagnosis of the cause of the emergence of the cyst.
Syringomyelia attacks are generally slow, so symptoms appear slowly. Symptoms can be felt at the age of 20 – 30s. Symptoms syringomyelia will attack the back of the neck, shoulders, arms, and hands first. Then, other symptoms will strike intensely in the form:
- Weak muscles
- Depreciation of muscle size
- Missing reflexes
- Decreases to a loss of sensitivity to temperature and pain
- Bowel and urinary function is impaired
- Impaired digestive function
Generally, the main cause of syringomyelia disease is obstruction of cerebrospinal fluid. These barriers may be triggered by a condition called Chiari malformation. Chiari malformation is a condition in which the small brain located behind the brain stem protrudes from the skull, thereby entering the spinal canal. Other conditions that can trigger a delayed flow of cerebrospinal fluid are:
- Rear bone tumor
- Meningitis, inflammation (inflammation) of the membrane around the brain and spinal cord
- Arachnoiditis, inflammation that affects the central membrane around the brain and spinal cord.
- Spinal cord injury
If the symptoms of syringomyelia have begun to feel, then there is a diagnosis can be done in several ways:
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), uses magnetic wave radiation and radio technology to view detailed images of the spinal cord.
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography Scan), uses tomographic technology with computers, so it can provide a detailed image of the spinal detail of the spinal cord and spine using X-rays.
To reduce the effect of syringomyelia, patients can do the following:
- Avoid activities that aggravate symptoms, including heavy activity, such as lifting weights and making the spinal burden work too heavily.
- Perform physical therapy with experts to overcome nerve problems such as muscle weakness, chronic pain, fatigue and feel stiff. A medical rehabilitation specialist can create programs that can help alleviate these symptoms.
However, if therapeutic and treatment efforts do not show signs of healing, then surgery is one way that doctors do. The goal is to remove the pressure on the back of the marrow and restore the flow of cerebrospinal fluid to normal. And also, consult the Cannabis oil Canada for the treatment of using marijuana properly.